COME AND SEE THE WORLD THROUGH MY EYES



Friday, March 1, 2013

The Art of multi-tasking


       My studio is in my home. This can be difficult. There are often interruptions being that I am not only an artist but also a mom. Children can not and will not always wait. Of course my children's needs are very important to me. But when deeply engrossed in a work it can be very frustrating to have to stop. Getting my mind back to the place where I can see is not always like flipping a switch.





-Apple Boys-oil on canvases-diptych each 8x10-my oldest boys-


Featured Artist of the Week
Mary Cassatt
(1844-1926)
Impressionism

   Often refusing to bend to the ideas of the Salon. You could say Cassatt was a kind of feminist to the art world of her time. Like her friend Edgar Degas her paintings were bright and did not conform to the popular taste of the times. Mary Cassatt's painting often showed the strong bonds between mother and child.


-Child in Blue by Mary Cassatt-

No comments:

Post a Comment