COME AND SEE THE WORLD THROUGH MY EYES



Saturday, February 9, 2013

What Direction?

    Whether I am deciding on style, subject or series. It is a tough decision. What direction am I taking my art? There is definitely a need to plan. Of course, I want my art to feel free and expressive. I want it to have a life of it's own. But, without a plan my pieces may not feel consistent. The look of unity and harmony are vital.
    So, what subject am I working on now? More important, what style am I using? More expressive, or more realistic? How loose is too loose(-Lautrec)? What feeling or emotion am I expressing? What do I want the viewer to walk away with? What am I trying to say? The questions can go on for days.
   The more questions I answer the closer my art is to being coherent. Work seems to be the key. The more painting I do the more answers seem to fall in place.




-Hot Afternoon-oil stick on watercolor paper-13 1/2x 21"-
My Husband and two oldest boys





 Featured Artist of the Week
 Henri de Toulouse-Lautrec
 (1894-1901)
 Post Impressionism, Art Nouveau and Modern Art

       Influenced by Japanese prints, Toulouse-Lautrec used vivid colors, diagonals, and lines especially contours to stimulate the viewers eye. His images, whether of Parisian night life or private moments are powerful. Giving the viewer a feeling of immediacy and movement. Not usually glamorous but real images as evident is his painting below Le Moulin Rouge.

Le Moulin Rouge, Henri de Toulouse-Lautrec
                   







No comments:

Post a Comment