COME AND SEE THE WORLD THROUGH MY EYES



Saturday, February 16, 2013

Inspired by Music

     Not all my inspiration is visual. My husband Paul and I often go to concerts. We always have a good time dancing ,singing and socializing. But this is not just for fun's sake. Seeing and hearing the musicians live, you feel a connection. All creative souls have a kinship. Putting your inner thoughts and feelings out there for the whole world. Creating something that is part of you but not just for you. This is truly inspirational.
    Music also helps me create in my studio. There is always music playing while I paint. The songs help me feel the piece. Connecting with the emotional side. My head stops thinking about all the other tasks I need to do. It is just me, the painting, and the music.


on-stage photo of Wilco taken 2012
Photo by Me


Featured Artist of the Week
Amedeo Modigliani
(1884-1920)
modern style all his own

   He was greatly influenced by Toulouse -Lautrec, Cezanne, African Masks, Fauvism and Symbolism. Many relate his work to cubism (that is except for himself). Ultimately he created a style all his own.
    Modigliani subjects were primarily figurative. Most of his compositions were simple and somewhat flat, with strong use of linear design. Often he painted women in relaxed and lethargic poses, with oval faces and elongated necks. Many of these characteristics can be seen in his painting below Seated Nude (1917)
Amedeo Modigiliani, Seated Nude (1917)
One of my personal favorites of his

No comments:

Post a Comment