COME AND SEE THE WORLD THROUGH MY EYES



Friday, February 1, 2013

Setting Goals and Deadlines

        Last week I started telling you of my plans for this year. I have stated my blog goals. Today I would like to talk about some of my art goals. First let me say why goals and deadlines are so important. I am an independent artist. I am my own boss. If I do not set goals and deadlines the time passes and not much is accomplished. So it is crucial that I make plans.
        First goal, the number of paintings I plan on completing this year. This is most important in my mind. Because, how can I call myself an artist if I am not creating. By the end of next January I plan on completing 30 to 36 pieces. This breaks down to 2 to 4 a month.  I have to have some leeway because time to complete depends on size and complexity of the paintings. Weekly I plan on working on 2 to 3 paintings at a time.

 - Vivid - 8x10"- oil on canvis -
        Second goal, research and educate myself. There are two areas where I would like to further develop my knowledge. Photographing and making prints of my work are my main focus of research this year. I am excited to learn how to make quality prints of my work by year end.
      Third, getting my art to you, marketing. This goal relies partly on the knowledge of my second goal. Along with my originals, I plan on having prints to sell. I plan on looking into local gallerys, shops, and shows. Also, by year end I wish to have my own Etzy shop up and running.


                                   "Featured Artist of the Week"
                                             Gustav Klimt
                                             (1862-1918)
                                    Art Nouveau, Symbolism
                                    and my personal favorite

Judith and the Head of Holofemes (1901) 
     There are two reasons, I feel, Kimit's art is so captivating. One, his images stimulate the viewer optically with his use of gold and colourful patterns. Next, his images often mentally stimulate the viewer with themes of strong women, erotic images and psychological ideas which are stated through the use of symbolism. This can easily be seen in his piece above Judith and the Head of Holfemes.

No comments:

Post a Comment